Meetings: Meetings are open to the public. Meetings can be regularly scheduled meetings or special called meetings. Every meeting has an agenda, a summary, and minutes.
Public Comment Procedures: Citizens’ comments are an opportunity for the citizens of the City of Carrollton to address the Mayor and Council with issues or concerns regarding items on the current meeting agenda.
- No vulgar, abusive or profane language will be tolerated.
- All remarks should be directed to the mayor and not to individual councilmembers, staff or citizens in attendance.
- If several citizens wish to speak on the same subject, one should be chosen to speak and others express their support. Please do not repeat subject matter.
- Any matters pertaining to personnel procedures or personnel grievances will not be heard during citizen’s comments. Those should be directed to the city manager or human resources director.
- The failure of any citizen to comply with these rules may be grounds for the mayor or presiding officer to rule the citizen out of order and if the citizen fails to comply with directions of the mayor or presiding officer, they may be removed from the meeting.
- We have dedicated 30 minutes for our citizens comments and citizens are allowed to speak for three minutes each.
To qualify for a citizen comment slot, you must be either a resident or a licensed business owner in the City of Carrollton.
To register for a three-minute citizen comment slot, please register in the City Manager’s Office by 5pm of the Monday before the next Mayor and Councill meeting (one week prior). Contact Information: Stacie Dean: 770.830.2000 ext. 2239 / email@example.com
Additional Information: We want to research and consider your comments. We will not be able to respond to your inquiry during the meeting, however, city staff will contact you promptly using your registration information. Please state your name and address as you come to the podium.
Please note: Comments on zoning matters should be presented at the zoning session later in the meeting.
Work Sessions: Work sessions have summaries published, but not agendas or minutes.
Agendas: The City of Carrollton posts the Agenda and supporting documents on the City website three (3) days before a meeting. Typically, this is the Friday prior to the meeting.
Summaries: A Summary of action taken at a Mayor and Council Meeting is posted within 48 hours of the meeting. The Summary may contain only motions (action taken) or may go in to more detail on discussion if time permits.
Minutes: Minutes to any meetings are not posted until adopted.